Michael Huntly, MD, FACS
Dr. Huntly is a native of Scotland, he was born and raised in a small town in the south of Scotland called Dumfries. He started his college career at Birmingham University in Birmingham, England training to be an electrical engineer. After two years, Dr. Huntly decided to change his career path and applied for admission to the Birmingham Medical School where he ultimately completed his initial medical training with honors in Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology and was awarded the Pathology extended essay prize in his final year.
Upon graduating from Birmingham Medical School, Dr. Huntly and his wife, Dr. Jacqueline Huntly, moved to the United States where Dr. Huntly completed both the General Surgery and Plastic Surgery residency programs at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dr. Huntly achieved Board Certification in both General Surgery and Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Huntly’s working experience at the Guthrie Clinic Sayre, PA and at Finger and Associates in Savannah, GA has spanned everything from major trauma to cancer reconstruction to cosmetic surgery. Below are some examples of the expertise he has developed.
Trauma and Cross Disciplinary Experience:
- Orthopedic Trauma including extensive limb wounds
- Vascular Grafts salvaging infected grafts.
- Thoracic Surgery including assisting with chest wall tumor resections and open heart surgery wound infections
- Oncology and ENT Surgery including resection and reconstruction of head and neck tumors
- Eyelid Reconstruction including Ptosis repair and lid retraction
- Facial Trauma
- Hand Trauma
- Burn Trauma
- Skin Cancer Treatment
- Scar Revisions
- Hand Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery Specializations:
- Facial Rejuvenation including eyelids, brow,face and neck lifts.
- Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty to improve shape and function of the nose.
- Breast Surgery including reconstruction,reduction augmentation and breast lifts.
- Autoaugmentation, using patient’s own breast tissue to enhance a lift.
- Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty
- Mommy Makeover
- Brazilian Butt Lift using fat grafts to enhance the buttock
- Brachioplasty to reshape the arms
- Post Gastric Bypass Body Contouring
- Injectables such as Botox, Restylane, Juvederm and Dysport
- Laser Skin Treatments
Dr. Huntly has worked internationally on a number of occasions. While at medical school in England he completed a three month elective at a mission hospital in Kenya. The hospital was in a small village called Maua, in the foothills of Mount Kenya. As a 4rth year medical student, Dr. Huntly was expected to improvise with the limited resources available to provide medical treatment. For example, he used an ether kettle for anesthesia and a truck steering wheel and column to support the spot light used for surgical lighting. Dr. Huntly treated children suffering from measles, tetanus, malaria, and malnutrition syndromes. Dr. Huntly also encountered his first major trauma cases while in Kenya including machete wounds and vehicle accidents.
Dr. Huntly has traveled on occasion, to Honduras and Guatemala to help children who are suffering from cleft palate and cleft lip and other congenital deformities also burn scar contractures of the hands, a common injury in 3rd world countries.
Dr. Huntly is the proud father of three children, Rory, Hamish, and Jaimie. As a Scotsman, Dr. Huntly is naturally an avid golfer and scotch whiskey enthusiast. When he is not in surgery, you can find Dr. Huntly either on the golf course, out fly fishing on the flats or hiking in the mountains. He and his wife Jackie have recently returned from Peru where they completed The Inca Trail, an arduous 4 day, 45 Kilometer hike thru the Andes at 14000 feet to the famed Inca City of Machu Picchu.
Dr Huntly and his team of Maria, Kathy, Tory and Linda welcome patients established and new, to our new location at Coastal Empire Plastic Surgery, where we will do our best surgically and non- surgically to meet your goals.